Comparing CPO vs. Used Cars
What is the difference between used and certified pre-owned? And more importantly, which is the right choice for you? All certified pre-owned (CPO) models are considered used, but not all used cars are CPO. That’s because CPO models undergo an additional, rigorous certification process to ensure quality. So if you want the low cost of a used model with extra peace of mind, you might find that the certified pre-owned inventory is the place to shop. Dive deeper into the difference between used and certified pre-owned with Exceptional Motorcar, and check out your options at our Defiance showroom today!
CPO vs. Used: Used Cars in Defiance
If you don’t want to buy new, buying used cars in Defiance is an excellent way to get a great car at a great price. A used car is simply a car that has had a previous owner. The car may have only one owner who took great care of it, or several owners who didn’t. Used vehicles are typically sold as-is with no warranties. If you’re on a tight budget, it pays to do your research. You can find exceptional deals on used cars in Defiance, but you’ll need to look carefully. Here are some tips.
- Mileage: Modern cars last much longer than cars of the past. It’s not unusual to see cars in Findlay with well over 200,000 miles on the odometer! High-mileage cars are also much more affordable than low-mileage vehicles, so this is a great chance to get a bargain.
- Maintenance: A well-maintained car should always be prioritized over a neglected model. Cars that are driven regularly and maintained properly will go the extra mile.
- Inspections: While Exceptional Motorcar inspects our used inventory, not all dealerships and private sellers do this. Consider a third-person inspection if you buy private.
CPO vs. Used: Certified Pre-Owned Cars in Defiance
So, why choose certified pre-owned cars instead of used models? CPO models carry extra assurances, so you can shop with total confidence. One of the biggest differences between used and certified pre-owned models is the inspection process. Certified pre-owned cars in Defiance have been thoroughly inspected and reconditioned under strict manufacturer guidelines, which means your car is like-new at a pre-owned price. CPOs meet the following criteria:
- Generally less than 80,000 miles, sometimes up to 100,000 miles
- Model year is within five years of the current model year
- A multi-point inspection is necessary before certification
- Offered with extended warranties and/or limited powertrain warranties
Find Your Next Vehicle at Exceptional Motorcar
Whether you’re ready to shop used or certified pre-owned cars in Defiance, the team at Exceptional Motorcar is ready to get you behind the wheel of your next car today! Contact us with any other questions about the difference between used and certified pre-owned models, or simply stop by the dealership to browse in person. Prefer to shop from home? Use our Online Shopper tool!
More from Exceptional Motorcar
When choosing a high-tech pickup truck for your drives around Lima, you can’t go wrong with the RAM 1500. It’s got a roomy interior, plenty of storage space in the bed, and the power and performance you need for even the tough jobs around town. But can this truck fit in your garage? Exceptional Motorcar…
Ford F-150 towing capacities have grown over the years, but they’ve always been far above and beyond what the vast majority of Lima and Toledo drivers would ever need or use. Late model Ford F-150 towing stats are nonetheless useful for seeing how capable your truck of choice is, especially if you have a…
Take a look at the GMC Sierra 1500 towing capabilities here to see which year of the highly-capable GMC Sierra 1500 best suits your needs around Lima and Toledo. Whether you need to know about 2018 Sierra towing, 2020 GMC sierra towing, or GMC Sierra payload, we’ve got the details below. If you have…