Buying from a Dealer vs. Private Seller
If you’re in the Toledo market shopping for a used car, you can choose to buy from a private seller or a dealership. But, if you’re not sure the difference between buying from a dealer vs. private seller, Exceptional Motorcar in Defiance is here to help. Many shoppers often think privately selling automatically leads to cheaper prices, but that’s not always true. Read on to compare car dealer vs. private seller buying options below, then browse our vehicle specials.
Car Dealer vs. Private Seller: Private Seller Option
- Owner’s Perspective: One of the main differences between buying from a Dealer vs. private seller is that Findlay private sellers have first-hand knowledge of the vehicle.
- Niche Market: If you’re on a hunt for a very specific model, model year, and make, it might be easier to find and buy from a private seller.
- No Coverage/Protection: When you purchase from a private seller, there are no warranty protections on the vehicle if it breaks down. Even if it breaks down on your way back home to Lima after you purchased it, you are still 100% responsible for the repair bill.
- Iffy-at-Best Service History: Private sellers aren’t required to prove a maintenance history record, you could find yourself with a car that needs a lot of work.
Car Dealer vs. Private Seller: Car Dealer Option
- Competitive Prices/Wide Selection: Dealerships offer plenty of inventory with a wide variety of makes and models with prices that match market value. Typically, they’re more willing to negotiate.
- Service & Parts Centers: Many car dealerships near in Defiance offer a stellar service team and parts center to take care of all your vehicle’s needs to keep it in a great condition.
- Certified Pre-Owned Inventory: Unlike private sellers, dealerships offer you the option to purchase a certified pre-owned vehicle, roadside assistance, warranty coverage, CPO financing, and much more.
- Trade-Ins: If you plan to sell your current vehicle to purchase your new one, you’re able to value your trade at dealerships as well.
- Financing: While most Lima shoppers do finance their vehicles at dealerships, some may see this as a negative factor of purchasing from dealerships.
Purchase a Vehicle at Exceptional Motorcar
Now that you know some of the main differences between buying from a dealer vs. private seller, contact us at Exceptional Motorcar to schedule an appointment to talk about next steps!
More from Exceptional Motorcar
When choosing a high-tech pickup truck for your drives around Lima, you can’t go wrong with the RAM 1500. It’s got a roomy interior, plenty of storage space in the bed, and the power and performance you need for even the tough jobs around town. But can this truck fit in your garage? Exceptional Motorcar…
Ford F-150 towing capacities have grown over the years, but they’ve always been far above and beyond what the vast majority of Lima and Toledo drivers would ever need or use. Late model Ford F-150 towing stats are nonetheless useful for seeing how capable your truck of choice is, especially if you have a…
Take a look at the GMC Sierra 1500 towing capabilities here to see which year of the highly-capable GMC Sierra 1500 best suits your needs around Lima and Toledo. Whether you need to know about 2018 Sierra towing, 2020 GMC sierra towing, or GMC Sierra payload, we’ve got the details below. If you have…